BIGTREETECH Octopus MAX EZ, a 32-bit motherboard, is an upgraded version of Octopus Pro developed by the 3D printing team of Shenzhen Big Tree Technology Co., Ltd. Its self-developed stepper motor sockets enhance safety and user experience, and it adds a series of features that Octopus Pro does not have, greatly enhancing its DIY capabilities.
1. 32-bit 550 MHz ARM Cortex-M7 series STM32H723ZET6 MCU
2. Onboard BOOT button to enable DFU mode to update the bootloader
3. The thermistor circuit is protected to prevent MCU damage from shorted heated bed and heater cartridge connections
4. Selectable voltage (24V, 12V, 5V) for CNC fan, no more need for external stepdown
thus preventing board damage from user error
5. Upgraded with eFuse protection, which response faster with strong protection,
effectively protecting the motherboard from being damaged caused by short circuits,
over-current, electric spark, etc.
6. MCU firmware can be upgraded via SD card, or use DFU via Klipper's make flash
7. 10 EZ driver sockets, working with the pinless driver, safer to use; Onboard SPI and
UART, can be used by simply setting in the firmware, no need for a jumper
8. Support power loss recovery, filament runout sensor, CAN, auto power-off, BL Touch, RGB, etc
9. Replaceable fuse for easy maintenance
10. 3 x 4 pins fan ports, also for connecting the water cooling system
11. Onboard proximity switch port, supports NPN and PNP types, 24V, 12V, and 5V voltage selectable
12. Onboard SPI interface for connecting acceleration sensor to enable Klipper's input shaping
With the given docs, it is not possible to upload a firmware directly over usb, even not for a pro user.
Sadly there is no schematic available. I bought 4 boards and none of them is useful.
Hello! Thank you for your comment, we will improve in the future to provide you with better service.
As a platform to build any printer you want, this board is perfect. Really easy to setup and get running. I'm using it with Klipper and the EZ2209 drivers and it has been silent and flawless so far. Looking forward to all of the upgrades I can now make!